Pineapple is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes whose properties promote digestion, relieve acid reflux, reduce inflammation, and break down animal proteins.
Vitamins and minerals
· High in vitamin A and beta-carotene to protect eyes against macular degeneration and prevent lung and oral cavity cancers
· Loaded with vitamin C, flavanoids and antioxidants to build immune system, destroy free radicals, fight colds, flu and viruses, keep gums healthy and protect against periodontal disease and mouth cancers. Supports collagen synthesis in tissues; maintains blood vessels.
· Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) converts carbohydrates into energy, strengthens muscles and promotes proper nervous system function
· Phosphorus promotes strong bones and teeth, halting the development of osteoporosis. Potassium regulates blood pressure and supports the kidneys.
· Manganese, a vital mineral not made by the body, supports bone development and function, speeds healing of wounds, sustains healthy skin, strengthens the immune system, and stabilizes blood sugar to protect against diabetes and metabolic disorders.
Bromelain is the key enzyme found in pineapples; and its anti-inflammatory properties rival even the effects of potent pharmaceuticals such as NSAIDs and steroids, especially when bromelain is combined with the Indian spice turmeric (curcumin). Bromelain relieves joint pain of gout and most types of arthritis and fibromyalgia, relieves sore throats, stops the development of new tumors and shrinks existing cancers, reduces post-operative swelling, eliminates acid reflux, and supplies enzymes to promote and speed digestion and motility of the bowel.